An ongoing series investigating the top Canadian golf architects.
Years in industry: 12
Key courses: Black Diamond GC, Pontypool, Ont. (with Jack Lally); Oslerbrook GC, Collingwood, Ont. (with Graham Cooke)
- With a background in course construction, Miller has been active as a co-designer in recent years, building with Jack Lally and Graham Cooke.
- Has worked on the construction side of the business.
- Has yet to demonstrate his ability to handle a significant design on his own.
- Recent work at Mill Run in Uxbridge has received mixed reviews.
- Oslerbrook is regarded as having one strong nine and one weak one. Hard to discern Miller’s involvement.
What’s possible?: Miller’s recent work at Mill Run GC in Uxbridge, with its strange routing, is not particularly impressive, and with a shrinking market for new courses, he may not get the opportunity to show whether he has potential.