I just completed a survey for Golftown and when I clicked “submit” I got a notice that their server in undergoing maintenance. They have now lost me. I have deleted the link to their survey and I won’t be doing it again. Make sure this doesn’t happen to you.
Online surveys can be an invaluable tool. I took time to fill out the Golftown survey for a chance to enter to win a $500 gift certificate. Realistically this isn’t much of an incentive. A better incentive would be a guaranteed gift (redeemable at your golf course) for each survey filled out. This is a great way to gather information from your customers about their experience at you facility as well as a way to build your data base and mailing list.
Here are a few points to make sure your survey is effective:
1) Decide what information you want from your customers and tailor the questions towards gathering only that information.
2) Make sure that you don’t have too many questions on the survey (10 is a good number).
3) Make sure that there is a way to collect the entrants e-mail address for your files.
4) You are asking them for a piece of their time, so make it worth their while (an incentive gift that is redeemable at your golf course is appreciated and brings them back to play again).
5) Make sure your server is going to be fully operational for the duration of the survey