Hot off the wires from Callaway:
Callaway Golf Canada today announced its 2008 product lineup. With more than 30 new offerings from the Callaway, Odyssey and Top-Flite brands, the lineup represents the most extensive new product initiative in the companys history.
This is the deepest, most robust new product lineup weve ever offered, said George Fellows, Callaway Golf President and CEO. And theres not a weak spot in this roster. Each of these products is rich in technology and innovation and designed to meet the needs of todays golfers.
In addition to the Callaway Golf Hyper X Driver, the FT i-brid Irons and Tour i Golf Balls, the 2008 Callaway Golf new equipment roster also includes a new FT-i® Driver, three new fairway woods, re-engineered Callaway Golf FT Irons, new Big Bertha® Irons, X-Forged® Wedges, new Odyssey® Black Seriesâ€ž¢ i Putters and new Top-Flite® Golf Balls.
The new 2008 product line continues to demonstrate Callaway Golfs cutting-edge industry leadership, added Scott Reid, Managing Director of Callaway Golf Canada. Every year we strive to make every golfer a better golfer, whether that be through club and ball technology, custom fitting through our expanding Canadian network of state-of-the-art performance centres, or simply instruction and golf education through our support of Callaway Golf in Schools and the Links for Women program. I am especially proud that many of our new clubs have been designed specifically for women to meet their unique swing needs.
The 2008 new product lineup includes:
– FT-i Tour Low CG Driver “ Designed with input from Callaway Golfs Tour players, the FT-i Tour Low CG Driver has discretionary weight positioned lower and in the extreme corners, producing the highest moment of inertia (MOI) of any Callaway Golf driver.
– FT-i Squarewayâ€ž¢ Woods “ The FT-i Driver set a new standard in driver performance in 2007, and the new FT-i Squareway Woods will do the same for fairway woods. With an MOI approaching that of Callaway Golfs best-selling drivers, the FT-i Squareway Woods utilize Fusion Technology to provide unprecedented accuracy, forgiveness and stability for longer, straighter shots off the tee or from the fairway.
– FT Fairway Woods “ The stainless steel face and body combine with a tungsten-infused dual-runner sole to enable Callaway Golf engineers to strategically position discretionary weight for a higher MOI and precise positioning of the center of gravity (CG). The OptiFit® Weighting System allows golfers to choose a Draw or Neutral CG bias to fit their individual shot shape.
– FT Hybrids “ A stainless steel face and body is combined with a tungsten-infused sole to optimize the CG and increase the MOI for superior forgiveness. The OptiFit System enables golfers to choose Draw or Neutral weighting to fit their individual shot shape.
– FT i-brid Irons “ The FT i-brid Irons are a new Fully Integrated Set Design that smoothly transitions from super game-improvement mid and short irons to the new i-brid design “ clubs that blend the control and accuracy of traditional irons with the forgiveness, distance and versatility of hybrids. The lightweight titanium body, TPU SenSert® and heavy Tunite® alloy combine to create the most forgiving and playable clubs weve ever made.
– FT Irons “ An evolution of the original Fusion Irons, the new FT Irons deliver the utmost in performance and playability. Multi-material construction allows for premium performance, and the Tunite® cradle has been optimized with the addition of Extreme Notch Weighting. Eighty per cent of the clubheads weight is positioned in the extreme perimeter for a higher MOI and enhanced stability and forgiveness. The new head shape will appeal to more mid-to low-handicap players.
– Hyper X and Hyper X Tour Drivers “ The innovative Hyper X Driver provides a new benchmark in performance with the introduction of Hyperbolic Face Technologyâ€ž¢, redefining the look, feel and speed at which golf balls leave the clubface. The Tour models are designated by half-degree lofts and have square faces for enhanced workability and a more pleasing look at address.
– NEW X Fairway Woods “ Based on feedback from some of the best players in the world, Callaway Golf engineers have re-energized some of the best-selling fairways woods in the game. The most significant upgrade is the addition of the highly successful Modified X-Soleâ€ž¢ Design featured in our X Hybrids, which lowers the leading edge and provides clean turf interaction from the rough or fairway.
– X-Forged Wedges “ Legendary clubmaker Roger Cleveland designed these new wedges with input from Callaway Golf Tour players. The X-Forged wedges provide better players with all the elements they demand from their clubs: soft 1020 carbon steel for incredible feel, a tighter heel-toe radius for increased versatility and, on select 56- through 64-degree models, the aggressively-sized Mack Daddyâ€ž¢ Grooves, designed at the maximum depth and width for tour-level spin, trajectory and distance control.
BIG BERTHA PLATFORM
– NEW Big Bertha Irons “ The new Big Bertha Irons feature the same Fully Integrated Set Design as the FT i-brid Irons, as well as increased offset, a larger effective hitting area and a constant width sole in the mid and short irons. This allows for the control and accuracy of irons with the forgiveness, distance and versatility of hybrids.
– Tour i and ix Golf Balls “ The new Tour i Golf Ball is the most technologically advanced tour ball ever developed “ incorporating perimeter weighting to increase the balls MOI. Innovative 4-piece inertia technology utilizes a tungsten-infused outer core to shift weight away from the center of the ball, reducing driver spin for maximum distance and straighter shots, and a softer inner core for unparalleled tour feel. The softer urethane cover generates more short-game spin for precision control and aggressive shot-making, and refined HEX Aerodynamics further increase distance by reducing drag. The Tour ix shares the same technology with a slightly firmer construction for more explosive distance.
– HX Hot Biteâ€ž¢ Golf Ball “ This technologically advanced golf ball features a softer, high-resiliency core and ionomer boundary layer that combine for exceptional feel. The softer, thinner proprietary cover gives the ball soft feel and generates extra stopping power for phenomenal short-game control to go along with drag-reducing HEX Aerodynamics for a highly efficient and long, stable ball flight.
– NEW HX Pearl® Golf Ball “ The new 3-piece HX Pearl Golf Ball is longer and softer than the original version. The softer rubber core boosts distance for golfers with moderate swing speeds, and HEX Aerodynamics reduces drag for long, efficient ball flight. With a thin ionomer cover that features a pearlized finish for a rich, unique look, its the perfect ball to complement a womans game.
– NEW Big Bertha GEMS “ A complete set designed for women new to the game or the occasional, high-handicap player looking to play better golf, the GEMS Set includes eight clubs that utilize the latest Callaway Golf game-improvement technologies. Designed with input from women golfers, instructors and expert designers, this is a technologically advanced set of clubs that features weighting that promotes a draw and higher trajectories to help keep the ball in the air for increased distance.
– NEW Big Bertha Driver “ After extensive research and testing among women golfers and instructors, Callaway Golf engineers have developed its first driver designed specifically for women. The 440cc titanium head is slightly smaller than a mens clubhead to reduce the clubs weight. When combined with its slightly longer shaft and core Callaway Golf technologies, the new womens Big Bertha driver allows a woman to maximize her swing speed for increased ball speed and longer distance. In addition, the CG has been strategically positioned to promote a draw and help reduce fades and slices.
– NEW Big Bertha Fairway Woods “ With feedback from women, Callaway engineers have designed clubs that complement a womans unique swing characteristics and feature the latest game-improvement technologies. The smaller head sizes and slightly longer shafts combine to help increase clubhead speed for higher ball speeds and longer distance, and strategically positioned internal weighting helps promote a draw, reducing fades and slices “ and raising confidence.
– NEW Big Bertha Irons “ Women now can play with clubs that take the guesswork out of their set configuration. These technologically advanced stainless steel clubs consist of i-brids instead of hard-to-hit long irons, and super game-improvement mid and short irons. Each club has a wide sole design that improves turf interaction and a low, deep CG that helps get the ball in the air quickly and easily. The shafts are slightly longer to better match the average womans height, and the lofts, lie angles and club weights are optimized.
– X Junior Set “ Fueled by the success of the X Junior Set for kids 9-12 years old, Callaway introduces X Junior Set for kids 5-8 years old (or between 41 and 50 inches tall). The X Junior sets incorporate much of the same innovative advancements Callaway Golf has incorporated into its X Series® clubs for adults. The clubs provide the perfect combination of performance and forgiveness so junior golfers can play confidently and aggressively.
– Odyssey Black Series i Putters “ Black Series i Putters feature the same multi-material construction as the original Black Series Putters with the addition of a new multi-layer Tour insert that provides premium feel and responsiveness. Each putters headweight is precisely controlled and matched with the specific shaft length for impeccable consistency and control. Each model utilizes Odysseys Fine-Tuned Loft System, which optimizes each putters loft in conjunction with its CG to generate pure and consistent roll characteristics.
– Odyssey White Hot® Tour Putters “ The unique weight ports in the sole allow Callaway Golf engineers to precisely control each heads weight so it can be optimized to a specific shaft length for consistency, control and performance. Each putter incorporates the new White Hot Tour insert with a firmer feel for the feedback and responsiveness accomplished players seek, and a Tour-preferred bronzed finish to reduce glare.
– Odyssey White Hot XG® Sabertoothâ€ž¢ Putter “ Featuring the most radical headshape in golf, the Sabertooth Putter utilizes high-density Dual Fangs to position more weight to the outer-most limits, helping keep the putter on-line for wicked accuracy. Aiming Channels inside the fangs make lining up putts easier, and the multi-layer White Hot XG insert, our most popular and most responsive, generates our softest feel with fine-tuned responsiveness
– Odyssey Divine Lineâ€ž¢ Putters “ Designed specifically for women, the heavier head on each Divine Line Putter is perfectly united with a shorter shaft for outstanding performance on the greens. Each Divine Line model “ 2-Ball, Marxman Mallet and Rossie® “ utilizes the White Hot XG® insert for phenomenal feedback and distance control. The Divine Line features softer head shapes and a new color scheme for a more feminine look.
– Odyssey Marxmanâ€ž¢ X-act Putting Wedge “ The Marxman X-act Putting Wedge is designed to function like an Approach Putter, providing an easy-to-hit option that plays perfectly between a putter and a wedge for those tricky scoring shots around the greens.
– Top-Flite Gamerâ€ž¢ Golf Balls “ Top-Flite takes the benefits of its proprietary Dimple in Dimpleâ€ž¢ Aerodynamics and puts it on a 3-piece performance golf ball thats long, soft and generates more short-game spin for total tee-to-green control. The thin soft ionomer cover over a firm boundary layer and a highly resilient rubber core gives golfers a ball that performs like no other in the Top-Flite lineup.
– Top-Flite Freakâ€ž¢ Golf Balls “ The Freak is the longest Top-Flite golf ball available. Period. Its unique aerodynamic surface maintains spin longer throughout its flight, allowing the ball to hold its line and maintain lift longer. Perfect for scramble tournaments, reaching par 5s in two and out-driving your foursome.
– Top-Flite XL 5000â€ž¢ Golf Balls “ Three new XL 5000 models replace one of the most successful Top-Flite balls ever, the XL 3000. The new version provides all the XL distance you expect from a Top-Flite ball with enhanced softness and feel. The XL 5000 Super Long has a firmer cover for maximum distance, the Super Soft has a thin cover and lower compression core that provide better feel with more short-game spin for total control around the greens, and the Super Straight uses a special Slickote® coating to help reduce hooks and slices. ($12.99 per 15-pack)
– Top-Flite Rec Sets “ Top-Flite is back in the golf club business with a half dozen new recreation sets designed to meet the needs of just about any golfer. Six sets “ XL® (mens and womens), XL 5000â€ž¢, D2®, AHSâ€ž¢ (Advanced Hybrid System; mens and womens) and IHSâ€ž¢ (Iron/Hybrid Set) “ offer no compromise on quality or performance at affordable prices. (XL Mens, $199; XL Womens, $249; IHS, $249; XL 5000, $299; D2, $399; AHS, $449)