More from Cobra:
COBRA GOLF INTRODUCES NEW 2008 KING COBRA [photopress:baffler_08_pro_small.jpg,full,alignright]BAFFLER DWS AND BAFFLER PRO
The No. 1 selling utility metal in golf now with even more forgiveness, distance and playability
Cobra Golf advances the industry’s best selling line of utility metals with the new 2008 King Cobra Baffler DWS and Baffler Pro. With multiple enhancements to the proven technologies of the Baffler DWS, Cobra increased moment of inertia and moved the center of gravity lower and deeper, creating the most forgiving, longest-hitting utility metal Cobra has ever made.
“The Baffler has established itself as the best-selling utility on the market since March of 2006 and has maintained that position because of its outstanding performance,” said Jeff Harmet, President of Cobra Golf and Titleist Clubs. “We’ve taken the proven technologies of the Baffler and made them even better.”
The original Baffler, first launched in 1975, represented the first utility metal in the retail marketplace. The new King Cobra Baffler utility metals continue this tradition by providing golfers of all skill levels a versatile and forgiving utility club that offers higher trajectory, longer distance and greater accuracy.
The new Baffler models feature Cobra’s best-selling design that combines the high launch, forgiveness and distance of a fairway metal with the playability and control of an iron, as well as new features designed to take a golfer’s game to the next level. These features include an improved Dual Weighting System (DWS) and fastback crown design, while the new Baffler Pro features a more compact head design with a Tour preferred set-up.
“We’ve improved weight distribution in the DWS model to move the CG low-back and increase the MOI by 15-20 percent,” said Scott Rice, Director of Cobra R&D. “The Baffler Pro’s compact profile and specifications were designed in concert with our PGA Tour Staff, making it the ideal utility for accomplished players. These enhancements translate into key benefits for golfers of all abilities“ more forgiveness, distance and playability.”
Baffler DWS Technology
Improved performance to proven technology, including:
· Dual Weighting System: Heel-toe weights are 18% larger than the previous version, enhancing the distribution in the back of the clubhead and promoting higher MOI and optimal CG for greater forgiveness and higher launch.
· Large Face Area with a 465 Maraging Steel Face Insert: Plasma welded face insert maximizes ball speed across the entire face.
· Fastback Crown Design: New fastback crown design shifts CG farther low and back for higher launch.
· Contour Sole: Improved versatility for a wide range of lies and playing conditions.
· Premium Aldila VS Proto “ HL Shaft or Nippon N.S. Pro 950: Optimizes launch and trajectory.
The Baffler DWS Utility Metals will begin shipping on November 1.
Baffler Pro Technology
This specially engineered utility metal is the result of collaboration between Cobra’s Tour staff and the Cobra R&D team.
· Compact Head Design: New compact profile and shallower face height for improved shot making.
· Tour Preferred Setup: Promotes preferred trajectory and workability that accomplished players demand.
· Swing Weight Adjustment Screw: Positioned for neutral ball flight and allows for swing weight adjustment on custom shaft orders.
· Longer Hosel: Lie angle can be adjusted on custom orders.
· Premium Fujikura Speeder Baffler Pro Shaft: Low-torque, Tour proven shaft for more distance and accuracy.
The King Cobra Baffler Pro is available in Men’s iron replacement designs and will begin shipping on November 1.