Just bringing this back up to the top to try to entice some more people to consider joining the Ontgolf.ca network:
Exciting times at Ontgolf.ca and G4G. This spring, in addition to our “Weekend Hacker” reviews, and several new bloggers, we are hoping to add a blogger willing to talk about all the ins-and-outs of the golf equipment business. This person would have the “balls” to tell Ontgolf.ca visitors about the launch of new gear — from drivers to wedges, and from shoes to bags. This person would also contribute equipment reviews along with other Ontgolf.ca contributors, giving them the opportunity to test the latest in equipment.
* The “Gear Guy” would be expected to post twice a week on a dedicated equipment blog on Ontgolf.ca. These posts would not have to be long, but would include commentary and analysis where it merits.
* You writing doesn’t have to rival that of James Dodson, but it should be clear and concise. That said, it is a blog, so there’s lots of room for creativity.
* With my help, the “Gear Guy” would follow trends of the major equipment manufacturers and through the Internet in order to gain access to news, press releases, etc.
* This person would represent Ontgolf.ca with strict professionalism.
* When new equipment is given to Ontgolf.ca to test drive, the “Gear Guy” would, along with other bloggers on the site, provide unbiased reviews.
* The “Gear Guy” doesn’t have to be a great player. However, that person does have to be in tune with the game and its trends in equipment, as well as have a fascination with the golf equipment business.
* The “Gear Guy” would take the time to come up with a better title for the blog than the “Gear Guy.”
If you think you are G4G’s “Gear Guy,” drop me a note at:
and explain to me why think fit the bill and send me a paragraph or two reviewing something that is — or was — in your bag, along with your contact information.
Selections for the position will be made by the start of February.