Exciting times at Ontgolf.ca and G4G. This spring, in addition to our Weekend Hacker reviews, and several new bloggers, we are hoping to add a blogger willing to talk about all the ins-and-outs of the golf equipment business. This person would have the “balls” to tell Ontgolf.ca visitors about the launch of new gear — from drivers to wedges, and from shoes to bags. This person would also contribute equipment reviews along with other Ontgolf.ca contributors.
* The “Gear Guy” would be expected to post twice a week on a dedicated equipment blog on Ontgolf.ca. These posts would not have to be long, but would include commentary and analysis where it merits.
* You writing doesn’t have to rival that of James Dodson, but it should be clear and concise. That said, it is a blog, so there’s lots of room for creativity.
* With my help, the “Gear Guy” would follow trends of the major equipment manufacturers and through the Internet in order to gain access to news, press releases, etc.
* This person would represent Ontgolf.ca with strict professionalism.
* When new equipment is given to Ontgolf.ca to test drive, the “Gear Guy” would, along with other bloggers on the site, provide unbiased reviews.
* The “Gear Guy” doesn’t have to be a great player. However, that person does have to be in tune with the game and its trends in equipment, as well as have a fascination with the golf equipment business.
* The “Gear Guy” would take the time to come up with a better title for the blog than the “Gear Guy.”
If you think you are G4G’s “Gear Guy,” drop me a note (firstname.lastname@example.org) and explain to me why think fit the bill and send me a paragraph or two reviewing something that is — or was — in your bag, along with your contact information.
Selections for the position will be made by the start of February.