It’s genuinely difficult to believe, but here it is the first full week of March, just seven days removed from the Toronto Golf and Travel Show with the Masters — the Masters! — still three weeks away, and I’m tuning up the clubs for the opening round of the 2012 season.
Tarandowah Golfers Club — a hillocky, fast-draining inland links course in Avon, Ont., designed by none other than Martin Hawtree, and now easily in the top three when it comes to best golf bargains in Ontario — threw open its doors this week to golfers in southwestern Ontario.
The Infallible Test will be shaking off the rust this weekend, and testing out a number of gear and apparel demos amassed over the not-so-cold winter, including:
- The 2012 Sunice Hurricane Ultimate V4 jacket;
- The Heavy Putter Mid-Weight Q2-M blade belly putter;
- An assortment of Tommy Hilfiger and AUR apparel.
Look for reviews on all of these items in upcoming posts. Since the pre-season is rapidly devolving into the season itself, guess it’s time to take the wraps off all of this stuff. Also coming up, a review of Butch Harmon’s newly released two-disc instructional DVD entitled, Butch Harmon About Golf presented by Titleist.
Prayers for my back to hold up would be welcome. It will be interesting to see how the ol’ body performs after last season’s lower-back debacle and a concerned off-season effort to get my mobility back.
If you’re interested, here’s what Sunice, a fabled Canadian success story that’s now a subsidiary of Montreal-based Fletcher Leisure Group Inc., has to say about the Ultimate V4:
Sunice holds true to its commitment of being an industry leader as an authentic Gore-Tex supplier with an expanded offering providing more depth to an already broad category. The ever-popular Ultimate Jacket is back with its fourth version (V4) and a complete new design. It doesn’t get any better on a technical level than this.
The Sunice science is evident in all the added golf-enhancing features of this jacket, including the X-Static® stretch lining, Pro-Trim™ waist cinching system, in-pocket ball cleaner, full stretch back panel and the list goes on. The Sunice style is represented in detailing such as laser cut designs on the sleeves, laser cut and welded pocket frames, and the Sunice patented V collar design.
The Ultimate V4 is available in Black with Charcoal and pops of Red / Regatta Blue with Charcoal and pops of White. The Regatta is bound to be a hot seller for the season and a signature piece for any retail space or window.
- Ultra quiet and soft hand feel
- Gore-Tex stretch shell back insert
- X-static stretch lining
- Pro Trim waist cinching system
- Upper back stretch panel for ultimate freedom of movement
- Hard welt center front placket with tractor foot embossing
- Contoured upper windguard for additional comfort and protection
- Soft touch chin guard
- Ball cleaner shammy in right-side pocket
- Exposed waterproof YKK pocket zippers
- Sunice lock down zipper pullers
- Laser cut pockets with twill tape framing
- Lycra action cuffs
- Adjustable velcro self fabric cuff tabs
- Adjustable bungee at hem
- Sunice patented V collar with neoprene finish
- Lifetime waterproof guarantee